The Freedom of Religion or Belief Learning Platform provides resources to help individuals, communities and decision-makers learn, reflect upon and promote freedom of religion or belief for all. It includes resources for personal study and for educators and facilitators to use in group trainings. Our core resources have been developed in dialogue with specialists and with reference people from a range of religious and belief backgrounds.
Violations of freedom of religion or belief have a devastating impact on individuals, communities and societies. The learning platform aims to contribute to building a social, political and legal culture of freedom of religion or belief for all from the grassroots up and the top down. Peace, stability and development depend upon human rights, not least our ability to live together, accepting rights for all, despite our deepest differences.
Learning platform resources are useful in a wide range of contexts and for a wide range of audiences.
- Parliamentarians, diplomats and development professionals
- Officials responsible for making or implementing public policy, including officials of the justice system such police, lawyers and judges
- Members and ordained or lay leaders of religious and belief communities
- Training institutions for religious leaders such as theological seminaries
- Educational bodies teaching/students studying human rights, democracy, law or religious studies
- NGO staff and business leaders working in contexts where serious violations occur
- Staff within human rights and freedom of religion or belief organisations
- The media
The Freedom of Religion or Belief Learning Platform is an initiative of the Nordic Ecumenical Network on Freedom of Religion or Belief (NORFORB) in partnership with a wide range of secular and faith based organisations that seek to promote the human right to freedom of religion or belief for all, as given in Article 18 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights.