Freedom of Religion or Belief Training of the Trainers Course
In many parts of the world the situation for freedom of religion or belief is deteriorating. For positive change to happen, people from all walks of life need to know, understand and value their human rights and work for change. There is an enormous need for trainers with competence in Freedom of Religion or Belief (FORB). The FORB Learning Platform’s online Training of the Trainers course seeks to equip you with the knowledge skills and tools you need to train others on Freedom of Religion or Belief.
- is an online, facilitated, distance learning course.
- lasts 10 weeks and requires up to 4 hours of self-study each week, plus attendance of a 2-2.5 hour conference call most weeks.
- includes online self-study modules, practical assignments and 8 online conference call workshops.
- is run approximately 4 times per year, for 20 participants each time and is international and inter-religious.
- is free of charge
- is open to staff and volunteers from any rganization involved in providing training on FORB. Priority in the allocation of places is given to organisations linked to the FORB learning platform (e.g. partners to the FORB learning platform or to NORFORB members) and to participants from contexts experiencing severe violations of the right.
Quotes from previous participants
“I now have the knowledge, the skills and the vision for a FoRB training for Lebanon and the region.” Participant, Lebanon.
“The combination of theory, practice, knowledge, skills and tools was great.” Participant, Israel-Palestine
“Provides all the necessary instruments for a structured and methodical approach to training design, including lots of tools that can be adapted to different contexts, target groups and course objectives. At the end of the course participants have an outline of the training plan that, after a few adjustments, is ready to be used in practice.” Participant, Pakistan
“It is a course which every human rights activist should take”. Participant, Cameroon.
The course focuses both on training methods and on human rights/freedom of religion or belief. It includes the following 10 modules:
- Introduction to Human Rights Education
- Human Rights Education – building blocks and methods
- Introduction to Human Rights
- Introduction to Religious Literacy
- Introduction to Freedom of Religion or Belief (FORB)
- FORB in relation to other rights, development and peace
- Understanding FORB in the local context
- Ways of working to promote FORB
- Evaluating and following up training
- The art of facilitation.
Although this is an online course it is a group course and you will be expected to participate actively in the weekly online workshops.
The course is currently only available in English.
Click here to register for the FORB TOT