About the exercise
- Buzz group exercise
- Time required : 1 h 30 minutes
- Target audience : Any. No prior knowledge required.
- To help participants test and develop their knowledge of freedom of religion or belief (FORB) and justifiable limitations to the right.
- To develop skills in assessing if FORB limitations are justifiable.
- To help the facilitator tailor the knowledge input to the knowledge level and questions of the group.
An opening exercise in the form of a fast-paced walk and talk quiz that helps the facilitator establish the knowledge level of the group before providing an interactive input on limitations to FORB based on their questions. Buzz groups visit ‘stations’, read a limitation scenario, guess if it is legitimate or not and then read and discuss the answer given on the back of the paper. Groups note down any confusion or questions that arise to bring to an interactive plenary discussion/knowledge input, which rounds off the exercise. Demands a solid understanding of permissible limitations on the part of the facilitator.
Quiz sheets can be used as a standalone awareness raising quiz for example in an exhibition tent.