About the exercise
- Group exercise
- Time required : 1 h 5 minutes – 1 h 35 minutes
- Themes : Freedom of religion or belief (FORB) and other human rights; development; discrimination; intersectionality; democracy; peace, security and stability.
- Target audience : Best suited to organisations working with FORB and/or with development issues (including faith communities), and to decisionmakers and officials.
- To explore the link between FORB and development work generally as well as in specific contexts.
- To enable reflection on the practical implications of these linkages for development/public-sector programming and or policy/legislative reform.
A two-part groupwork exercise. In part one, groups sort a list cross-cutting issues relating to FORB, development and democracy into four categories – peace and security; discrimination; intersectionality; and democracy/rule of law – identifying which issues are most relevant to their context and work. In the second, optional part of the exercise, groups explore the practical implications of these linkages for development programming and/or policy/legislative reform.