INDIVIDUAL REFLECTION (20 MIN)
Give each participant three sets of differently coloured post-it notes (e.g., blue, yellow and orange) on which to write their reflections – one reflection per post-it. Point to the following guiding questions:
- Individual-level changes: What changes can you observe in the way you work, in your attitudes, your skills and your knowledge that can be associated with the training you attended last year?
- Organisation/group-level changes: What changes have been made to the work of your organisation/group that may be associated with your participation in the training? Write your reflections on the yellow cards.
- Community level changes: What changes can you observe in the broader community that you can reasonably connect to the work of your organisation and your participation in the training? This could be among the direct target audiences for your work or indirectly in the community more widely. Changes could relate to knowledge, attitudes, skills and behaviours or to systems and rules or life situations more generally. Write your reflections on the orange cards.
PLENARY FEEDBACK (40 MIN)
One at a time, invite participants up to stick their post-it notes on the ‘ripple of change’ model and ask them to share their most important reflections with the group. Allow 2 min per participant for this.
Reflect on any commonalities and differences within the group.
GROUPWORK (30 MIN)
Divide participants into small groups to discuss the following questions. Ask the groups to develop a common list of their findings and to appoint a spokesperson to present these back to the plenary.
- Discuss changes at the organisational level – do you have a common understanding of what has changed within your organisation? To what extent are the changes identified a result of the training? What other factors have contributed to them?
- Discuss changes at the community level, thinking about the people your organisation works directly with and about the wider community. Do you have a common understanding of if and how the training has contributed to change at this level? Are there plausible connections between the changes identified and the training session? What other significant factors have contributed to the changes?
PRESENTATIONS AND DISCUSSION (45 MIN)
Invite each spokesperson to present their group’s findings to the plenary (5 min/group). Discuss the findings.
TIP! Record all the findings, which can be used to complement other data collected about longer-term results from the training.